home aboutme myart books shop

Monday 22 July 2019

Hen Do Craft Activity

This past Saturday was my hen do! I wanted it to be a low-key, home made kind of affair so we went out for brunch, played some games, made pizzas and did a craft activity. Because it wouldn't be my hen do without a craft activity!

A few weeks before, my sisters and I were out shopping when we found a bunch of these white pleather jackets in a charity shop. I didn't want sashes or cheesy t-shirts for the hen do but I agreed to everyone having these bizarre jackets. They were only £3 each and I can't say no to a bargain!

I organised the craft activity for the day. I kept it simple by going with 'decorate your own make up bag'. I bought a pack of 10 canvas make up bags from Amazon and then raided my craft room for supplies. Apart from the bags I didn't have to buy a single thing. I just have that much craft stuff!
The supplies included; fabric paints and pens, fabric, ribbon, sewing cotton, buttons, beads, Sharpies, sequins, fabric stars and flowers, leather pieces, and googly eyes. I laid everything out on a table at one end of the room and let people rummage through.
I also printed out a few inspiration images to get people started.

The good thing about this activity is that it didn't require a teacher, which would have been me, to walk everyone through it. I just introduced the craft and then we all got on with it, which meant I could take part too.

This is what everyone came up with! I love how they're all so different, and how everyone got involved with the activity even though they're not as in to crafting as I am.
I would definitely recommend this kind of activity for a girly gathering. Just provide some drinks and snacks and you're go to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...