home aboutme myart books shop

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Paper Pictures



I made this thing!
This little project was inspired by the header on Dos Family. I don't frequent the blog but I saw it once and liked it, so I decided to make an image about me and my people based on it.

I selected my photos and made them black and white on Word, where I also put the triangle around them. 


Once I had all the bits cut out I started playing around with the composition. I used a piece of tracing paper over purple sugar paper for the background and layered the photos and triangle on top.

I took a photo of my chosen layout and replicated it on the scanner. Because nothing is stuck down I could easily move things around after seeing the scanned image.

This is the sort of thing that could be made on Photoshop, but it's nice doing it all by hand! Especially cutting around the main photo. I could never do it that precise on the computer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...