home aboutme myart books shop

Tuesday 3 June 2014

Painting: Snorkeling

This is my latest painting. It's my friend Natalie snorkelling.
I do have a rule that the photos I paint from are either taken by me or I was there when they were taken, but rules are there to be broken! Because neither of those things apply to this image.
Natalie recently spent 3 months travelling around New Zealand and Australia and when she was showing me the photos from her trip, I saw this one and thought, 'I'ma paint that!' So I just took it from her Facebook, cropped it, and got to work. This will be the first she's heard about it.

The canvas I painted on was picked up at the Scrap Store so it was a little dirty and had holes in all the way down the front which you can see if you look closely, but mostly the paint disguises them.
It measures 30x30cm and has quite a wide edge which I'm not sure whether to leave white or paint maybe dark blue/black.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it looks so amazing. I am sure she is going to love and adore this forever! :D

    The colours are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...