home aboutme myart books shop

Thursday 5 June 2014

Chain Necklaces


I'm sure you've seen the trend of chunky chain statement necklaces or bracelets with something woven through the chain. Well I wanted to see what I could come up with based on that.

I had no plan going in to making this necklace. I was just trying things out and adding things on. What I ended up doing was wrapping pink embroidery thread round the links of the chain, followed by a purple piece of thread. Then I got more pink thread and at every third link I threaded on a pink plastic gem bead with a smaller purple bead on the end.
Securing the threads at the ends of the chain was a lot of knotting and wrapping round and ultimately UHU glueing.


To complete the necklace I added a thinner gold chain with a clasp at the back.
I really like the mix of gold and bright pink and I'm happy with how it turned out.


Whilst I had all my jewellery bits and bobs out I came up with this statement necklace.


The shiny pink things were a Scrap Store find and the silver circles were taken off a broken necklace.


I'm not quite sure what outfit this necklace would work with, but I like it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...