home aboutme myart books shop

Monday 29 January 2018

Geometric Wall Painting

I was really pleased with how my painting on the wall of my built in wardrobe turned out. My boyfriend and I really love it but agree that it's a shame it goes mostly unseen. Since the summer, we've been going back to the idea of doing a similar painting in the main part of the room.


I decided on two parts of the room that were looking a little blank and put together some designs that used the same shapes and colours from my original painting. I took photos of the areas and used Photoshop to play around with the design directly on the photos.


I drew the designs on to the wall in pencil and then got painting. I only had to buy one new pot of paint as I still had the other colours leftover, and thanks to my last blog post I knew exactly which shade to get.


The corner painting was done over the Christmas holidays, a few hours at a time, but the painting next to the door I was able to do in one day. I thought that was a good opportunity to set up my tripod and show you guys my process.




2 comments:

  1. Loving how the prints turned out! Now I want to do something similar to my room as well. Thanks for sharing :) x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a professionalsell your painting online buy Paintings on Art Evince. The global marketplace for independent artists.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...