home aboutme myart books shop

Tuesday 5 January 2016

Dog Portrait Christmas Present

This painting was a Christmas gift for my cousin. He loves his tiny, fluffy dog so my Mum and I thought a painted portrait would be a great present. He loves the dog so much he got professional photos taken of it, which is where I got my source material. Hooray for sharing on facebook.

This was actually the first painting I've done in a long time, and I was surprised how quickly I got it done. Though I did leave it to almost the last minute, starting it on the Monday before Christmas which meant I had to put a sheet of greaseproof paper on it before I wrapped it as the oil paint wasn't completely dry.

My cousin loved the painting and it left him speechless!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is wonderful. I am quite useless with blogger . How can I follow you? Also how do you find other blogs according to key words such as: craft or coffee shop.

    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...