home aboutme myart books shop

Tuesday 30 June 2015

Nail Varnish Marbled Pendants

So we've all seen the marbled nail varnish technique by now, right?
Well I wondered what else I could use the technique on and I decided on necklace pendants.

I started by making and baking some rough pendant shapes from white Sculpey.
Then I picked out some nail varnish colours and dropped them on to the water.

I gently dropped the Sculpey pendants into the water, scooped up the excess nail varnish, then picked out the pendant.
I inadvertently decorated my finger nails at the same time. I think I should have remembered the Vaseline trick.

After I'd sprayed the nail varnish with a coat of clear varnish I painted the edge of the Sculpey piece  with silver  acrylic paint. Then I drilled a hole in the top of the pendants and attached a jump rings and chain.

I also made a gold version with green and gold nail varnish.

What do you think?

Pin it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...