home aboutme myart books shop

Tuesday 24 March 2015

Watercolour Animal Paintings

The headteacher at the school I work at is leaving soon so the other teachers asked me if I would produce some pictures to go on the front of cards for each class to give to the head.


Each class has an animal name so the five paintings I produced are of each animal.

I decided to try a different technique for these paintings. I used water colour paints with colour pencil over the top. 

For the hedgehog I added another step of making marks with a candle first to get the white highlights on the spines.


I really love how the paintings turned out, and so do the rest of the staff. In fact they were a bit amazed as they were only expecting cartoon drawings. 


I think my favourite is the rabbit, but I might be a bit biased because I work in Rabbit class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...