home aboutme myart books shop

Friday 5 December 2014

Nordic Pattern Candle Holder

Glowing candles, Nordic patterns and the colour red are all quite Christmassy which is why I love my latest DIY. Here's how I made this candle holder.

I printed a section of Nordic pattern off the internet and cut a piece of red paper the same size.

I layered the pattern paper over the red paper and paper clipped them to a piece of cardboard. Then with a needle I poked holes all over the pattern, going through both pieces of paper.

It took a very long time but I was really pleased with the result.

I then wrapped the paper around a plastic container and secured it with tape at the back.

To complete it I put a tea light candle in the pot, lit it, and enjoyed the Christmassy glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...