home aboutme myart books shop

Wednesday 26 November 2014

Chalkboard Plate

 My Mum saw this idea somewhere and bought a plate so we could try it. I used black board paint for ceramics and applied about three coats before putting it in the oven for the recommended time.

It took me forever to decided how to decorate the edge of the plate and in the end I settled on doing this simple design with a black Sharpie.


I stuck a plate hanger on the back of the plate. I use these a lot for my paintings done on canvas panels that I don't want to frame.

I remembered reading somewhere that you have to condition the chalkboard paint by going over it completely with chalk and then rubbing it off, so I did that, and then it was finished.

This would be great for hanging in a kitchen and writing a menu, or a shopping list, or just fun messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...