home aboutme myart books shop

Thursday 4 September 2014

Paper Cuts

Another of the summer children's art workshops I did was about paper cuts. The art form, not the injury.
I needed to come up with an activity that could just be done with scissors because I don't think 5 year olds should be given craft knives.
After some Googling I found that you can make pretty paper cut leaves just by folding paper in half.

And what are leaves without a tree?
So the first thing we did in the session was paint this tree on a few big sheets of paper that I'd pinned on the wall. Then the children got very messy paintings hand prints. 

They got the hang of the technique very quickly and were soon coming up with some really imaginative patterns.


After the leaves the children were free to experiment with the paper and what they could achieve just by folding it.

They also layered their paper cuts and added more colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...