Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Fabric Tissue Box Cover

Since starting my job as a teaching assistant in January I have ended up with a different cold every weekend.
And you know know what that means? I've been going through a lot of tissues.
But that's not what prompted me to make a tissue box cover. That was because I've recently moved my bedroom around a bit so now my tissue box is more on display.

I wanted to make a simple fabric cover and started by cutting apart a tissue box to get the pattern.
Yes, I use man-size tissues.

I cut the fabric to size and then sewed up the corners on the sewing machine.

I put the cover on the tissue box and to my surprise it fit first time.

After hemming the bottom of the cover I used the box as a guide for making the hole in the middle.

I decided on a diamond design for the hole where the tissues come out simply because I thought it would be easier to sew than an oval.

My tissue box now fits in nicely with the rest of my room, and I can easily take off the cover to put on the new box when this one is empty. Which considering I'm still sniffly and sneezy could be very soon.

3 comments:

  1. Awww hope you get better soon ! You just said in your last post how you were seeing the advantages of teaching. Now it seems you are seeing the disadvantages ! I love the tissue box cover though ! So cool !
    Eb x
    Thefearlessfox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea, love it when everything in a room is matching :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cute! It's true that tissue boxes aren't very pretty on their own, but during certain seasons of the year, they are very necessary!

    ReplyDelete