home aboutme myart books shop

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Craft Fair Set Up

I'm now done with all the craft fairs I'm doing this season - well the Letchworth Arts Centre one is on going but I'm done with the setting up - so I thought I would talk about how I arrange my stalls.

 
This is how my table looked this year.
At this particular craft fair I was fortunate to have the space to have two notice boards as part of my display, but usually it's just one.

The cork boards I use were purchased at a local car boot for £1 each! One was still in the packaging. Such a bargain, especially since I couldn't find one the size I wanted in the shops, let alone for such a cheap price.
My Dad made this stand for the board which is two planks of wood held together by three long screws which can be tightened around the board to make it stand up.

My displays this year have been all about baskets. In fact a lot of displays I saw this year used them.
Mine came from around my house and from charity shops. That round one in the middle was only 50p.

I always make sure everything is clearly labelled with its price because as a customer I hate having to ask how much something is.
This year I started using clothes pegs to display the price of everything within a basket.
It helps to group together things that have the same price.

To display the crochet hats my Mum made I bought this polystyrene head on Ebay.
I call her Creepy Maureen.

As well as the cork board stand I also have this rail stand, also made by my Dad.
I use this one to display my hand painted baubles and other hanging ornaments.

This is how my displays have looked in the past.
Before the cork boards I used a piece of trellis in the wooden stand. I also used bright blue cloths on the table to be eye-catching, but I prefer the simpler white tablecloths I use now.

Another thing I do at craft fairs is have a list of all the items with the prices and every time I sell something I mark it off. This helps me keep track of what's popular and how much I sell at different fairs.

Have any of you done craft fairs? Have any display tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...