home aboutme myart books shop

Tuesday 3 September 2013

Painting: Big Sky

  

I finally finished my latest painting.

 

I say finally because for months it was left looking like this.
I just couldn't think what to paint at the bottom.
The photo of the sky was taken out of my bedroom window but I didn't want to paint what was actually there at the bottom because since a great big house has been built there the view isn't very appealing.
I thought about painting the sea, but I wanted something to contrast with all that colour, rather than just reflect it.

 

Then inspiration struck when I was making the dvd cover for my camping videos.
The photo I'd used had the same sort of sky so I based the bottom of the painting of the trees and field at the bottom of the photo.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...