home aboutme myart books shop

Thursday 22 November 2012

My G-ma's Bling

When my Grandma died in 2008 (aged 101 - good going!) I got some of her brooches.
They're some serious bling!

I love this little shiny-fest, but the pin on the back is broken, so I thought of an easy way to still wear it.

I pulled off the broken back with a pair of pliers.

Then using my trusty E6000 glue I stuck a ring blank to the back of the brooch.

And there we go. The fanciest ring in town.

Have any of you been doing any up-cycling recently?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa

    Having problems to send you comments :)
    I've been going to sewing and upcycling classes in Lampeter on Wednesday. We've made hats and fingerless mittens from old jumpers.
    Bye for now
    Benita

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...