home aboutme myart books shop

Friday 17 June 2011

Painting: Pink and Purple


Here's a new painting I did just for fun.
It's the inside of a flower and it's oil paint on a little canvas board so I thought it was perfect to go on my little easel.
Then I realised there were some other things in my craft space that matched the colours.


Like this painting I did a while ago.
I got the idea online where they had used masking fluid to block out the face and then painted over it with watercolours, but I didn't have any so I used a candle to create a wax resist.
The effect is pretty much the same, it's just not quite as neat.

And then there's this pink and purple felted rock. It's the only thing I've ever felted and I'd like to do more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...