home aboutme myart books shop

Thursday 19 September 2024

Miniature Crafts - Pottery

For my latest attempt at miniaturising crafts I had a go at pottery. I chose to use air dry clay to try and make some tiny pots, and I love the results!
Check out the video at the bottom of the post to see exactly how I made them.




























I think this pot is my favourite. It's almost circular with a small opening at the top. I was able to achieve a gold ombre effect with acrylic paint. To make the dried flowers I used bits of potpourri.
 
This plant pot is more classic in shape, but then I painted it with a trendy design, which I sealed with PVA glue to give it a shine.
I made the Monstera leaves out of painted paper and I even added fake soil to the pot, made out of shredded dried bits of paint.

I made this irregular shaped vase with lots of texture on the outside. Then I decorated it with painted flowers and made some paper daffodils to go inside.

For this jug and vase I wanted to experiment with the 'glaze', which I did by applying layers of PVA glue with flecks of chalk and charcoal mixed in. I love the effect and like with real fired pottery you don't know how it's going to look until the end.




























I love my collection of miniature pots. Which one is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...