home aboutme myart books shop

Sunday 30 June 2019

Minnie Mouse Ears

To go with my mermaid hair bands and my unicorn hair bands I decided to make some Minnie Mouse ear hair bands!

To make the ears I cut out two pairs of felt circles with a curve at the bottom to fit around the hair band. 
I've had this flowery felt for ages but never found the right project to use it. Until now! I thought it would be a fun change from the traditional black and red Minnie Mouse ears.

I sewed the circles together, leaving the curved section open so I could fill them with polyester stuffing. Then I sewed the ears to the hair band. I always make sure to buy hair bands that are covered in fabric, rather than just made of plastic, so that I have something to sew on to.

I then made a bright pink fabric bow to coordinate with the ears and attached that to the hair band.

And then I made some more!
I had a great time looking through my fabric and felt stash for matching colours and patterns.

Which one is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...