home aboutme myart books shop

Tuesday 9 October 2018

Winnie the Pooh Hairbands


My friend recently asked me if I'd make some photo props for her sister's baby shower. Her sister is pregnant with twins!
Having seen my unicorn hairband she asked if I could make something similar but with Winnie the Pooh characters, as this was the theme of the shower.

We decided on making the ears of Pooh, Piglet, Tigger and Eeyore. I found a pack of hairbands that included yellow, pink, orange and blue which was perfect.

I made paper patterns of the ears and cut them out of felt. I made them so the piece of felt would fold over the hairband.

The ears are pretty simple shapes, with only one or two elements to them. Plus a tuft of Eeyore's hair of course.

If the hairbands were for regular use I'd probably sew the felt together, but since they're for a one off event I decided to just glue them, which worked perfectly well.



Here's a photo of the selfie station my friend set up at the baby shower. Love that hashtag! #twinniethepooh

Pin it!


1 comment:

  1. Do you have a paper printout for the pattern? I am not so good at hand drawing! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...