home aboutme myart books shop

Tuesday 11 September 2018

Novelty Hairbands

It will come as no surprise to you when I say that unicorns are very on trend right now. I've seen a lot of unicorn hairbands complete with horn and ears and always think that it would be fun to make my own, so I did.

Usually this is the sort of thing I would make completely out of felt but since the unicorn horn is special I had to dig through my regular fabric stash until I found this gold and sparkly fabric which, with enough stuffing, stands up on it's own.

I made one as a test and put it on my craft stall a couple of months ago and it was one of the first things to sell! So I bought a pack of hairbands to mass produce ready for Christmas craft fair season.

I also wanted to try some other styles, starting with this cute felt crown. I'm already thinking of different colour combinations.

And a little party hat! I think this could easily be modified especially for Christmas. Red with a white pom pom and trim? Or red and green complete with felt elf ears on the side?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...