home aboutme myart books shop

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Embroidered Tree

 



When searching Pinterest for embroidery inspiration I came across this example of raised stem stitch, and lots of cool embroideries of trees, so I decided to combine the two and came up with this.


I started by cutting a bunch of strands of something that's stronger than wool but softer than string. I'm not sure what it is. I picked it up at the scrap store.
I pinned the trunk in place then started separating the strands to make the branches. I roughly stitched the main parts in place before covering everything with embroidery thread.


The branches start off as 4 or 5 strands, then separate to 2 strands, then 1. Then each strand divides into 4 separate pieces with make the thin twigs on the end.


This project seemed never ending. In reality I was working on it over 2 weeks.I'm really happy with how it turned out, except now I have no idea what to do with it. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...