home aboutme myart books shop

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Make-up Pouch

I got this awesome fruit fabric, which is kind of plastic-y, from one of my trips to the Scrap Store.
I don't know why it's taken me so long to think of something to make with it.
All I had to do was look at my Primark toiletries bag for the inspiration. 

 I think this was my first time working with a zip. I only had to unpick and start again once because I'd sewn the fabric too close to the zip. 

I referred to two tutorials when making this bag.
and

After the success of the first pouch I made another one, again using plastic fabric from the Scrap Store.
I even got a bit fancy and added a tag that you could attach a keyring to. 

I think hot pink lining was a good decision.  

I'm definitely on a roll now so expect to see a lot more of these little pouches in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...