home aboutme myart books shop

Friday 11 December 2020

Patchwork Christmas Stocking


Last summer my sister was helping me sort through my fabric drawers and encouraging me to get rid of the little scraps. She noted how much Christmas fabric I have piling up and suggested that if I hadn't used any of it in a year then I should probably re-home it.

So in order to save my beloved Christmas fabric I made this patchwork stocking!


I started by drawing out a template of a stocking on brown paper. I made two of these so that I could cut one up into the sections I had drawn out.




























I used the paper sections to cut out shapes from my Christmas fabric. I'd labeled the sections with letters so that once they were separate like this I knew how they'd go back together.




























Then I started sewing them together on my sewing machine, in pairs or threes, according to the template.




























Then I joined the smaller groups together to form one big piece.




























I cut out a back piece from red fabric and placed it with the patchwork front, along with some interfacing, and sewed them together.

I turned the stocking right side out and made a lining using the same stocking pattern and the red fabric.
 



Then I added a fabric loop so the stocking can be hung up.




























It's a perfect celebration of all my Christmas fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...