home aboutme myart books shop

Friday 4 May 2018

Painting Commissions

 Hi guys, today I wanted to share a couple of recent commissions I've been working on.

 The first was from my cousin. I painted his dog a couple of years ago as a Christmas present (this one) and since then he's got another dog so wanted another painting to match the first.

The second painting was for my friend's boyfriend, whose dog sadly passed away so my friend asked if I would do a painting to commemorate him.

It's interesting that both dogs are white and fluffy which meant I had to think carefully about brushstrokes and look for all the subtle colours in the shadows of the white fur.

I'm really happy with how these paintings turned out and their recipients were pleased too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...