home aboutme myart books shop

Thursday 15 March 2018

New Paintings: Dogs in Flower Crowns


I came up with these images when I was working on some designs for new colour in magnets, which I'll be sharing soon. I loved this set of four dogs in headresses and wanted to do more with them.

They look so grumpy about having to wear flower crowns!


I decided to print out the designs on a larger scale on to water colour paper to make some small paintings. I decided to use gouache paint as a way to keep practising with it. I thought its ability to produce flat, even colour would work well for the style I was going for with these paintings.


When painting it was easier to go over the printed lines and draw them in again afterwards with a black felt tip pen.

I'm so happy with how these turned out. Gouache paint was perfect for these. I'll probably print out more copies of these designs so I can keep practising.

I'm planning to make these four paintings in to prints but for now the original paintings are available to buy on my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...