home aboutme myart books shop

Wednesday 17 May 2017

Birthday Beer Box

My boyfriend's Dad's birthday was this past weeked and as part of his present we'd bought him a few bottles of beer. Andrew asked me if I could do something with the bottles to make them look a bit more 'gifty'.

All I needed was a cereal box to make this birthday beer box. Ok...and some extra card and paper. But mostly a cereal box.

First I cut the cereal box to the height I wanted. The cereal box happened to be just the right width to fit the bottles in. I measured the length of the three bottles and cut the box accordingly, using the excess to make a new side on the open end.

As the bottles were quite heavy I used some corrugated card to reinforce the cereal box. I cut four pieces of card and stuck them to the inside of the box.

 To decorate the box I cut some brown packaging paper to fit around it.

Before I stuck the paper to the box I wrote the message. To make it look fancy I just googled 'birthday calligraphy' and traced it straight from the screen. I used a black felt tip to go over the outline and then fill it in.


































I think it's a great way to make gifting bottles a bit more special. Perfect for a Dad. But if it was my Dad the box would be filled with ginger beer!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this box looks so cute! You did a lovely job :) I might use your idea for the father's day. x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And that's a great idea to use this for Father's Day

      Delete
  2. Nice post. Well what can I say is that these is an interesting and very informative topic on staples shipping supplies

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...