home aboutme myart books shop

Thursday 22 December 2016

Handmade Christmas Cards

Over the years I've aquired quite a lot of decorative bits; papers, ribbons, things pulled off old Christmas cards etc. So I thought I would use a few of them and make a few last minute Christmas cards.


The main part of this card, the bauble in the middle, was taken off of an old Christmas card, bow included. I then found paper and card that matched the colours to make the squares behind it. I put a scrap piece of gold ribbon behind and added the Happy Christmas, which I have on a sticker sheet.


I've got a whole pack of blank red folded cards which are perfect for Christmas cards. I added some poinsetta scrapbook paper to the lower half and some gold ribbon with a bow to the middle. The plastic gold angel, which I've placed on a paper circle, is another item I got off an old Christmas card.


 This card took the longest but I'm really pleased with how it turned out. First I had so pick out all the red sequins from various packs, arrange them in a tree shape and then stick them all down. I was watching CMAs Country Christmas at the same time which made the task less monotonous.

Do you like making Christmas cards? Are you someone who saves bits from old cards for later use?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...