home aboutme myart books shop

Wednesday 2 November 2016

Lolly Stick Sledge

On a recent trip to Harrod's Christmas World I saw some cute little wooden sledge decorations which inspired me to try making my own version.

On several blogs I'd seen that you can bend lollypop sticks by boiling them so I did just that to try and get the curved runners of the sledge.


Once the sticks had boiled for about half and hour and were cool enough to handle, I left them to dry against the fridge weighed down by the toaster and sugar pot to keep the curve. Kitchen resourcefulness!

I cut the other lolly sticks to size with a craft knife and stuck them altogether with E6000 glue, hoping everything would stay at right angles and not fall apart.

Once the glue dried I decided to paint the little sledge so it didn't just look like a bunch of lolly sticks stuck together. 

I thought the sledge might make a great gift with some chocolates tied to the back.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! I never would have thought that something made out of lolly sticks could look so good - definitely making this for christmas, either to give gifts on or just to decorate my mantle piece - thank you!


    - Natalie
    www.workovereasy.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...