home aboutme myart books shop

Monday 5 September 2016

This Summer I...

After a week in Seattle my boyfriend and I caught the Amtrak down to Portland. The four hour journey didn't seem too long and it was considerably cheaper than flying, plus we had some great views out of the window.


One of our favourite things we did during our stay was go on the Multnomah Falls and Columbia River Gorge Tour. The 5-stop tour lasted half a day and included three waterfalls and the Bonneville Dam and fishery. It was great to get out of the city and see some of the North-West's great scenery.

We also visited the Oregon Zoo in Washington Park. We found out beforehand that if you go on a Tuesday entry is only $4, so we did just that.

We used Washington Park's free shuttle bus to also vist the Japanese Garden and the Rose Garden.


We couldn't go to Portland without trying a Voodoo Donut. So good! And not as sweet as I was expecting considering America's love of super sweet frosting.

Another cool thing we found out about before we went was every second Thursday of the month Ground Kontrol Arcade holds a special evening where you pay $5 to get in and then all the games are free play. It was awesome. We played Pacman, Tetris, Street Fighter, pinball, some weird paper boy game where the controller is bike handle bars. $5 well spent!

Have you ever been to Portland or Seattle? Is there anything else we should have done? 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun trip! I've never been to either place but Portland and Canon Beach have been on my list for awhile - need to book an Oregon trip!

    -Clarissa @ The View From Here

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me want to go to Portland so bad! I've never been, but I'd love to go.

    Vivi / http://www.avecvivi.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa!
    Ahh it was so bitter sweet to see your photos from PDX! I moved from Portland to Austin a little over a year ago, and I have to say that although I love being back in Texas, Oregon still has a special place in my heart. It sounds like you guys hit the main tourist attractions that are worth seeing and that make Portland..Portland so to say. I would have recommended going to one of the wineries (not in Portland so you'd have to drive a bit south). Thanks for sharing!

    Lena
    http://zoyaandme.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...