home aboutme myart books shop

Friday 1 April 2016

Wood Burned Owl Pendant


I've been using my wood burning tool again, this time to make an owl pendant.

I roughly drew out the design on a piece of wood before going over it with the wood burner. I have to be careful about doing too much as you can't undo any marks.

When the design was finished I cut around it and sanded down the edges.

I touched up the edges with the burning tool. For this design I used the small point nib which worked well for all the little feathery detail.

I drilled a hole in the top and attached a few jump rings, a random metal ring, and a chain to make a cute necklace.

1 comment:

  1. This turned out gorgeous! I have a wood burning tool and haven't used it in forever. I really need to break it out again ;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...