home aboutme myart books shop

Thursday 3 March 2016

2D Animation

With the plasticine stop/start Morph animation I did in mind, I wanted to have a go at 2D animation.


I went for a simple subject, a flower, for my first attempt. I cut up sheets of paper to about A6 size and numbered them as I drew each bit of the animation.
Then I went back and coloured each frame with watercolour paints. I knew that doing this by hand, as opposed to digitally, would cause more variation and make the finished animation more jumpy, but that's all part of the fun of it. 



Then I took a photo of each image to make the animation. It would've been better to scan them in but I didn't have access to a scanner at the time.



And here it is. Not bad for a first attempt.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! I think this is totally doable for middle school as well. I am pinning this in hopes for creating a project for them to do like this! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...