home aboutme myart books shop

Wednesday 3 February 2016

Drawing Practice

Recently at work I've had the job of going through a whole stack of really old catalogues of stock images for anything that the students might be able to use. Most of them are just full of really random images that make me wonder why anyone would photograph that, like the above pictures that I cut out because they made me laugh so much.

Having seen all the drawing the students do I've decided I need get back into that so I took one of the catalogues home to use for drawing practice.

I've been experimenting with pencil and biro drawings and using watercolours as a background wash and for details.



What's good about drawing random models is that I don't worry about the drawing looking exactly like the person because noone's going to know what they're supposed to look like.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...