home aboutme myart books shop

Wednesday 9 December 2015

Miniature Mitten Decoration

I'm currently at a 'what else can I make into a Christmas decoration?' stage. This time; miniature mittens! I made them out of an old Grandad jumper - literally, the jumper belonged to my Grandad and he threw it out because it had holes in. It's the same one I used to make this bag

I made a paper pattern, cut out the pieces from parts of the jumper, and sewed a little snowflake on the front of each mitten piece. Then I sewed the pieces together, right sides facing, and then turned them right side out. 

I added some white felt trim and joined the mittens together with a piece of embroidery thread.

These turned out so cute and I'm not the only one who thought so as they got sold at last week's craft fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...