Tuesday, 21 July 2015

Woodland Wall Painting


With this painting I did for a classroom display in mind my Head Teacher asked if I would paint something on to a bit of wall in a corridor at school. A couple of weeks ago when I told him I was applying for other jobs his main concern was whether I could get the painting done before the end of term/before I left. So I spent the last week of term working on this painting. 

The classes in the school are named after different animals so it seemed pretty obvious what I should paint on the wall. I painted white emulsion over the parts of the wall that had poly filler on them and used acrylic paint which the school had for the painting. I roughly drew out the picture first and had some reference photos to work from. 

My favourite parts of the paintings are those I got to sit down for, as a lot of the painting was done standing on a chair and later a step ladder which is not fun.
I'm really pleased with how it turned out and one of the children said it was the best painting he's ever seen. That's either a really big compliment, or he just hasn't seen that many paintings.

2 comments:

  1. Nice article, great pictures!
    Make sure you have waterproofing done as it could lead to wall paint damage.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really nice to read content of this blog. A is very extensive and vast knowledgeable platform has been given by this blog. I really appreciate this blog to has such kind of educational knowledge. วอลเปเปอร์ลายไทย

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...