home aboutme myart books shop

Tuesday 9 December 2014

Winter Window Painting

At the end of my first proper day at my new job I helped the class teacher turn the role play area into Santa's workshop. She thought that it would be fun if we had a painting to go across the back to look like a scene through the windows. I offered to paint it, because I didn't have anything better to do that evening.

Armed with the pieces of backing paper we cut to fit the two windows and a bag of borrowed poster paint, I put on some Christmas country music and got to work. I definitely surprised myself with what I could achieve with poster paint, which is never my medium of choice. 

The painting looks great blu-tacked to the windows and all the other teachers have been popping in to our classroom to have a look. I fear I may have set the bar too high though and will be asked to do similar things frequently.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...