home aboutme myart books shop

Tuesday 23 December 2014

Photo Gift Tags

I've seen the idea of printing on to stuff that isn't printer paper around so I decided to use that idea for the gift tags on my sisters' Christmas presents.

The key to printing on to stuff that isn't printer paper is to stick the stuff onto printer paper using double sided sticky tape. You also need to use a simple ink jet printer because you do not want random bits getting all up in your fancy laser printer.

The other key to this is to print the images on the printer paper first, then stick the gift tags over the images so they print in the right place when you send the paper through again with tags attached.

I printed a couple at a time just to make sure it would work, because I didn't fancy trying to fish out 5 crumpled tags from the printer if it went wrong. But fishing 2 out at a time is fine! 

I think these are really fun and a great way to use photos from throughout the year.

2 comments:

  1. this is so perfect!! neat idea! I'm totally gonna do this for next year (I'm done wrapping gifts now, hahaha!)

    happy holidays!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! Very simple, but personal and unique. Love it and I will definitely try it next Christmas!

    xo, Michelle
    Neon Rattail

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...