home aboutme myart books shop

Tuesday 17 June 2014

Hanging Organiser


In an attempt to start using up some of my Scrap Store stash I came up with this hanging organiser.
I've got so much of this oil cloth fabric in different patterns, which I usually use for little pouches. I decided this Cath Kidson-esque blue and white polka dot fabric would be perfect for this project.

I sewed some white biased tape over the edges of two strips of clear plastic to make the front of the pockets. I sewed vertical lines to attach the plastic to the oil cloth, creating 6 pockets.

The back of the organiser is plain white fabric which I sewed to the oil cloth, right sides facing in, and then turned right side out for a neat finish. To hang the organiser I punched two eyelets in each corner and thread some cord through. But I found that when I hung it the whole thing folded forward.

To fix this I sewed a strip of ribbon to the back to hold a stick which I'd painted white. If I was going to make another one, I would include this in the initial design.


It works a treat! Perfect for storing girly things like hair accessories and make up brushes, and the clear plastic means I can also put a few photos in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...