home aboutme myart books shop

Thursday 15 May 2014

Bunting

   I've got a craft fair coming up in June and my Mum thought it would be a good idea to make some bunting for my stall. I know bunting is kind of over done these days, but it is a good way to make your stall say, 'Here be crafts!' from a distance.

   We started by going through my fabric stash and picking out patterns and colours that would go together.      Mostly pinks.
   Then my Mum very kindly cut out all the triangles. We didn't know how many we'd need so she just cut out a whole bunch. I paired the triangles together and found that we had enough for one lot of bunting and then some.

   I sewed the two long sides of all the triangles and then turned them inside out (or rather the right side out) and poked out the point with a long pair of scissors. 

   To assemble the bunting I pinned a long piece of ribbon around the top of the triangles and sent the whole thing through the sewing machine.

   I went for a rough pattern of bright pink followed by patterns pink/light pink. 

   I can see how people could get addicted to making bunting. So many fabric combination possibilities!

Have any of your made bunting before?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...