home aboutme myart books shop

Thursday 24 April 2014

Painting: Little Boy on the Beach


Here's the next painting to come out of my mega beach trip.
It is oil on canvas and 50 x 40 cm.
After doing this painting, and the one before that, I have come to the conclusion that I don't really like painting sand. The sand castles were fine because they're an actual object but a whole bunch of just sand gets boring to paint.

That painting is based on this photo I took at Wells. Yes, I take photos of other peoples children. But he's unidentifiable and just look at the bobble hat!
My problem is that my friends are all girls my age so if I stick to painting people I know there isn't much variety. I took a lot of photos of other people's dogs too because people love paintings of dogs but I don't have one.

Fun fact: I did a lot of this painting whilst listening to Dolly Parton's autobiography read by Dolly herself, as I found it in full on Youtube. Definitely worth a listen, and probably better than reading the book as Dolly laughs and sings and puts all the emotion in as she reads.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...