I still had a lot of jigsaw left from my jigsaw bag cover project, so I decided to use another section on another bag, except this time I made the bag from scratch.
Like before, I covered my chosen jigsaw section with sticky back plastic.
I placed the jigsaw on a piece of black fabric and folded the sides over to create a frame around the jigsaw. I'm super impressed with myself that I managed to get the corners to fold with that diagonal line.
I then sewed it all in place.
Then it was time to construct the bag. I used black plasticy fabric for the remaining sides.
Trying to figure out which order I should sew the bag, make the lining and add the zip made my brain hurt. But I got there in the end! Aside from a bit of a wonky zip it turned out pretty great.
I went for bright orange for the lining as I thought black would have been too safe an option, so I picked something that would match the bright colours of the jigsaw image.
There's still jigsaw sections left so expect even more jigsaw projects in the future. I am am getting a lot for the £1.50 I paid for it.