home aboutme myart books shop

Tuesday 24 December 2013

Wooden Decorations

At one of the Christmas craft fairs I had a stall at, my Mum bought these wood cut decorations.
The stall was being manned by a boy selling the things his Grandfather made, including wonderfully finished boxes and nativity scenes. And lots of these decorations - 4 for a £1.

I decorated them by painting the picture part in the middle with water colour paint so the texture of the wood would still show through.
Then I painted the rest with gold acrylic paint and finished them with a coat of gold glittery nail varnish over the gold parts. Because glitter = Christmas.

Then I strung them up with invisible thread and added them to the tree.



 

Have a merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

  1. The simplicity of them is so amazing ! Quite a bargain too !

    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !

    Eb x
    2-3oftheway.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...