home aboutme myart books shop

Thursday 26 September 2013

Banana Muffins

My friends and I always buy too much food for things like picnic lunches, and shopping for Centre Parcs was no different. I ended up taking home the leftover, well travelled, bananas only to find that my parents already had a lot of bananas at home.


There was only one thing for it.
Banana muffins.

I used this recipe which I followed exactly, except for adding some mixed spice for an extra flavour. I left them in for exactly 30 minutes so the top has a nice crust.

I added sultanas to the last few just to try it out and they're a good addition so next time I'll add them to the main batter.

What do you do to use up brown bananas?
Any good banana bread recipes around?

2 comments:

  1. Banana bread mug cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love banana muffins, I love any recipe that has bananas involved!
    I've also tried a different recipe with wholemeal flour and they were delicious!
    http://www.anzouya.com/2013/04/delicious-banana-muffins.html
    A good idea would also be to add chocolate chips or pumpin seeds.

    If you have some brown bananas to spear, why don't you make a quick and easy frosted banana cream?
    http://www.anzouya.com/2012/11/frosted-banana-cream.html
    I did it one day that I was really bored and craving for something sweet. You should try it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...