home aboutme myart books shop

Thursday 11 April 2013

New Miniature

The wall I showed you earlier was for this new miniature piece.
Like most of my other pieces it has a dark narrative.

The wall is screwed to the base which is two layers of MDF; one for the road and one for the pavement, making this probably my sturdiest piece ever. 

The road is cork as it has a similar texture to tarmac. It painted it grey and then went over it will chalk and charcoal. I also dug at it with a craft knife to create cracks and potholes.

The hedge round the corner is made from another kind of foam with dried tea and mixed herbs glued to it to create a leafy texture, which has then been painted all kinds of green.

I weathered the bouquets of flowers I'd made by crushing them a little and dripping brown paint water on them.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Amazing. I love all your miniatures I always find them fascinating x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...