home aboutme myart books shop

Thursday 21 March 2013

Bus bench

As part of the miniature model I'm currently making - the Acme Farm Supply building in Nashville - I've had to make a bus bench.
I've got a lot of my own source photos because for some reason, second to photos of the food we ate, my sister and I took a lot of photos of us on bus benches around the city.

I had no idea how to go about making the bench so I asked my model making tutor for some advice.
He suggested using the kappa-line foam we've been using in class.
I started by cutting out the end pieces of the bench out of PVC card and sticking them to the ends of a piece of foam.
Then I sanded the foam until it was the same shape as the end pieces.

I painted the foam black and added the rails made of plastic covered wire which was conveniently already black.

I printed out a poster for the back which I stuck to some more PVC card and added feet details to the bench legs.

Then all I had to do was attach it to the main model.

1 comment:

  1. wow this is super clever! I would never have the patience to make something this detailed and small! Came out great.

    Thanks for the visit to my blog! Hope to hear from you again soon :]

    xo sharon

    freelyronnie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...