Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Set Design Scale Model

One of the projects on my set design course was to re-design the set of the Graham Norton Show and make a scale model of our design.
My tutor said my idea was better than what the show has already.
Just sayin'.

I made the furniture out of Sculpey, and you can't really see in this photo but the legs of the table are triangles and are covered in glitter on the inside.
A lot of peoples designs involved glitter.

The guests enter from behind that orange triangle.
I love the gold shiny trim I used on the shapes, and the way it reflects light.

The right hand side of the set is the performance area.
I put the big gold shape in the middle to separate it from the sit-down area and added a fancy light fixture. I tried to make one myself but my tutor said we could just print out a picture of one.
That would not fly on my fine art course! Different worlds...

This was my first time using a scale ruler. With my miniature models I usually just wing it, but I might start using the ruler for my art miniatures as it is useful.

2 comments:

  1. I love Graham Norton! This mini set is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing.
    Chandeliers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...