home aboutme myart books shop

Monday 18 June 2012

Scarecrow Festival

This past weekend was my town's Scarecrow festival.
Oh yes. Be jealous.
It's one of the things that makes it seem like Stars Hollow around here.

This classic scarecrow was seen outside of one of the lower schools.

My friend Lizzi and her family made this Gordon Ramsey scarecrow.
He didn't always survive the strong winds we had on Saturday.

The jubilee was a big theme. And my friend Laura's mum works for slimming world. So of course there was going to be a plump Queen. 

The Olympics was another theme and this awesome diving scarecrow also made reference to the hose pipe ban as the sign on the paddling pool reads 'water shortage'.

I think this was my favourite as it's obvious a lot of time and effort had gone into it.
Just look at that face! Wonderful.

These two houses always work together on their entry. Last year they had scarecrows playing tennis over the fence, and this year the scarecrows were playing golf.

I was going to make a scarecrow this year, but with my work experience I didn't have the time. I will next year for sure though! I've already got ideas...

Are there any quirky traditions where you live?

1 comment:

  1. Oh lordy, these are fabulous :') I love the swimming pool ones and the neighbour scarecrows - what a sweet idea! ♥

    Sarah ^.^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...