home aboutme myart books shop

Friday 8 June 2012

Jewellery display

I'm at home at the moment and I bought some of my things back from uni so I don't have to move out in one big go.
It turns out I have a lot of stuff.

This resulted in my desk looking like this.

But now it looks like this.
Aw yeah.
As much as I like my branch that I painted white and hung my jewellery on, it was time for a change.

Cue the pile of guitar bits I got from my friend last year.
You can see what I did with the whole guitar here.

I got one of the broken guitar necks and drilled holes into the fret board, along the front and on the bottom edge.
My Dad helped a lot. Thanks Papi!
Then I screwed little hooks into the holes.

To attach the guitar neck to the wall I needed to add a piece of wood to the head of the guitar so it was equal with the other end.
Then we (mostly my Dad) used those hook platey things to put it on the wall, which was not easy but we (...my Dad) got there eventually.

It's a good job I'm short because the necklaces hang just above my head.
Perfect.

And for those of you who are slightly newer to my blog, you can see more of my bedroom, in miniature form, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...