home aboutme myart books shop

Friday 10 February 2012

Muffin in a Mug

Well it's more of a cake in a mug, but for alliteration purposes we'll call it a muffin.

My friend sent me this recipe when I was in first year and I recently found myself with an egg to spare so it was muffin in a mug time all over again.

Here's the deets:
4 tablespoons of self raising flour
4 tablespoons of sugar
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1 egg
3 tablespoons of milk
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil

Mix the flour, sugar and cocoa powder in a mug.
Add the egg and mix well.
Add the milk and oil and until creamy with no lumpy bits.

Microwave for 3 minutes.

It's pretty cool to watch the cake rise up in the mug!

When the time is up get a knife and stab it through the middle of the muffin. If it comes out clean it's done, if not whack it in the microwave for a bit longer.

I recommend eating it straight away while it's still warm. Perfect for if it's been snowing.
Which it has.
It can be a little bit dry so making up some hot chocolate sauce would be awesome, but I didn't think of that until I'd almost finished eating it.

(Recipe originally from wikiHow)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...