home aboutme myart books shop

Thursday 29 July 2010

My Model Room: #6 Furniture

The next part of my model room project is some more furniture; drawers, desk, shelves and wardrobe.
My furniture is grey with pink plastic beading on the edges. Who knew that those two colours would go well together.

I used cardboard packaging and other bits of card for the furniture and painted it all grey. I also cut lines into it to give the illusion of separate drawers.
For the pink beading I mixed PVA glue with pink acrylic paint because this would give the plastic look I wanted. I applied the mixture with a syringe as this gave me a very thin line...although there are some parts that are a bit messy, you can just ignore those.

For the drawer handles I mixed up some more glue and pink paint and spread it thinly on a bit of plastic. I then put pink seed beads in it and waited for it to dry. Then I cut circles out around the beads. I'm sure there's a much easier way to make the drawer handles, but this way worked for me.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad to hear of so many flash back moments from the Barbie chairs. I have been over to visit (lurking) a few times and I love your model room and miniture stuff. That bunk bed is genius! Couldn't believe what you made it out of!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...