home aboutme myart books shop

Friday 4 June 2010

Clothes as decor

So, you've just paid bazillions for a dress, but you're not gonna get your moneys worth with it hanging in your wardrobe. The solution; hang it on your wall to enjoy everyday.

This is by photographer Selina Lake. I want my life to look like every one of her photos.

You could hang it in a frame to be a bit more formal. Photo by Rachel Whiting.


It's not just dresses that deserve to be on the wall. Petrie Point Designs frame vintage swimwear.

If you want something a bit more functional then look to Paper Dolls for Boys who used two thrift store smocks to make curtains.

And you can buy clothes hanger lamps from Droog to make your own personal garment lighting.


The first garment I would think about displaying would be this piece of awesome that is my prom dress which I bought from ebay and need another excuse to wear.

1 comment:

  1. this reminds me of the dress that are half way down this page - http://thedesigninspiration.com/articles/cool-photos-and-artworks-for-your-inspiration-6/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...